Monday, May 14, 2007

I will survive!

Well...I've made it past the first 2 weeks of my fitness program with PUSH, and I have to say, they make it really easy for me to workout with my new life situation..i.e."trying to get in shape after having and trying to keep up with a baby!"(now mind you, "making it easy", and just going ahead and doing the workout for me are two VERY different things:-)
My fitness trainer, Mike, calls me every two weeks to check in, see if I have any questions, and basically encourage me in reaching my goals. The current challenge he's given me is investigating a competitive event that I can set as my future goal. I'm looking at some triatholons, or maybe a 1/2 marathon. Haven't decided yet.

Yesterday, for Mother's Day, Justin, Sophia and I went for a hike. And boy, was it a hike! It definitely made me realize that I still have a long way to go to acheive all of my fitness goals, but finishing the hike encouraged me that I'm not a total "lost cause" :)

For more updates on my journey, sign up for www.getchicmail.com at www.ChicBlvd.com.

1 comment:

Cecily Throckmorton said...

Crazy!! Garrick and I have a bet that after we have our first child I will run a marathon. When I finish he has to take me on vacation. So you keep up the hard work. Work has been keeping me really busy but we need to chat. keep the pictures coming...we love them. Miss you guys!!